Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies has experience in all key industries such as aerospace, automotive, oil and gas and medical with facilities offering specialist coating services for components of all sizes and complexity, including repair and overhaul services for gas and steam turbine components.
The correct coating or coating system will protect components from the environment, corrosion, heat and wear, reducing costs and maintenance.
Full industry and OEM customer approvals are available including FAA, AS9100 Rev C, NADCAP, ISO 13485 and ISO 9001:2008
Our range of coatings include:
THERMAL SPRAY – Providing thermal management, corrosion and erosion, protection and repair of turbine components:
- High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF )
- Flame Spray
SOLID FILM LUBRICANT AND LIQUID COATINGS – Long lasting lubrication in harsh operating conditions and to prevent friction and galling:
- Zinc Rich
- PROCOAT 100
PARYLENE CONFORMAL COATINGS – Biocompatible, ultra thin coating used to reduce friction and protect components from the environment, commonly used for medical devices and electronic applications:
Additional coating services:
- Repair and overhaul of gas and steam turbine components
- Laboratory testing and process verification including Salt Spray Corrosion testing, magnetic induction, coating weight, cure, adhesion to ASTM D2510 or D3359 and E. Holiday testing to NACE SP0188.
- NACE Level 3 inspection service to advise on the best pre-treatment, process and curing phases for coating applications.
- Trade coatings:
- Everlube®, Microseal, Flurene Lube-Lok®, Lubri-Bond®, Ecoalube®, Ever-Slik®, Esnalube®, Perma-Slik®, Electrobond®, and Formkote®, Xylan/Xylar, Sermagard, Molykote, Halar, Teflon, Rilsan, Zinga, Gleitmo®
- Sacrificial aluminium coatings – IP9183 – Snecma DMR 74-052 (Application to DMP16-049)
- Diffusion Coatings
- Pre-treatments (including Ti Anodising, Phosphate Conversion Coating and Chilled Iron Blasting, Aluminum Oxide Blasting) and vapour degreasing (components up to 1 tonne).