Our proud history dates back to 1929, when the Wright Brothers and Glen Curtiss founded the Curtiss-Wright Corporation. Metal Improvement Company was established in 1946 and acquired by Curtiss-Wright in 1968.
Under the recent ‘One Curtiss-Wright’ initiative all the material surface treatment companies were brought together under the umbrella of Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies, including Metal Improvement Company. These companies continue to trade under their existing company name and include:
Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies understands the challenges faced by customers to reduce costs and turnaround times while making metal components and equipment last longer and perform more effectively.
Our quality of service is a high priority so we ensure that our controlled peening and component coating facilities are fully accredited to current industry and customer standards including NADCAP, ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 Rev D.
Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies currently have over 70 international divisions with continued expansion within our customers’ own facilities or location close by, as well as dedicated field crews who can be mobilised worldwide to repair fixed or large equipment.
Our metal improvement and component coating facilities use state of the art robotic equipment which has been designed and manufactured in-house specifically for our customers’ work.
We keep in the forefront of new materials and surface and coatings technology by maintaining strong links with industry associations and being actively involved in research and development projects.